Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle high after cleaning throttle body and lashing valves...
sorry,
the book FSM book 1994, is hard to find, and see. i dont have a 1994,
and they changed the EGR rules that year. its a major change.
EGR only opens moving or not.
early 94 is not, late is moving.
all obd2 cars are moving .
but this moving malarkey started in 1994.

Suzuki love to change rules ,mid build years,
On July1. 1993 the started making 1994s, that is correct, they must make them EARLY to comply with USA EPA mandates. (and DOT, and others) so 94 cars are made starting in 93.
but , they make some changes, later, like Dec 15th(wild guess) and change more things in the 11th hour. to make EPA HAPPY.
see?
all cars do this. and is a pain to the maker, and to the car tester fixer.

keep in mind the MOVING rule is 100% software, ECU internal hard coded, firmware.
my wild guess is your car is a moving EGR test car. if still a 58B00 ecu.... USA -MT codes.
that is why i do the tests. to see if car is moving car or not. for EGR, saves me guessing and removing ECU and scratching my head.

my test.
if engine is hot, and you gun the throttle , the EGR main diaphragm flexs,, not moving car.
that assumes it all works, if it dead. then i must put my meter (volts) to the EGR VSV
and if it switches to 0v across this coil , racing the engine hot, its a not moving car, ECU.
there is no other way, unless you can read those secret , ECU Mitsubishi codes, (i only know one man on earth that can , in part) he is in UK.

EGR is fun, right? sorry,its so convoluted. but this is normal on 94, 95s are all moving EGR cars. rear axle must spin to test it.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idle high after cleaning throttle body and lashing valves... - by fixkick - 08-18-2014, 09:18 PM