Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI
Quote:50 is bad, on all 4 cylinder? ??????????????
the gauge is bad... ill skip this.....

IT has 255000km on it but I don't believe it is that bad.It was at WOT. I will post the final compression hot after we get it running.
re: The VE issue and the MAP is the starter rpm enough for it to sense something? or must it not get started first

Quote:that tach diagram i made, it's very accurate to the point i stopped, the rev. engineering... the only key part there, are the huge BACK EMF induction spikes the ECU watches.

So the ECU is looking at the spikes?
Quote:the tachmeter sure can short out its , input line and cause DTC 41 and not fueling for sure. disconnect the tachmeter, speedo head connector behind cluster, (sorry a pain that.)

I have no code 41. I will try tach connector

Mine used to push start as well
Quote:BTW1 your ECU fails my test 6, (dead sensor tests)
Yes I thought that, but 2 ECU reported 42 when the voltage got to low for the CMP.
Quote:unplug dizzy, spark dies, and the monitor must tell you the CMP is dead, or the ECU is just a brick.
I just pulled dist. connector. After cranking got code 42. replug and crank code goes away. All sensors and solenoids disconnected crank and no codes other than 12. It seems the ECT is the one to try for a guaranteed code. My ECT has 4.75 v at connector. What are the sensors that will throw a code cranking. I will reinstall another ECU and retest. or try a bench test just for the codes.

Quote:pin B12 tells ECU if you are starting in gear or not, way bad to do so with remote starts. and good remote starts watch this pin like a hawk or get sued big time... does yours?
Yes the clutch pedal sw is monitored. Worked for years but then so did the tracker, actually my second ecu failure (2 yrs ago) so tracker not winning that battle

Quote:does all ECu have 5vdc on the 5vref pin? this is the first test on all ECU, if dead, the ECU is useless.
with 4.75 v at ECT and IAT,5v at MAP I must have this referance voltage at pin A23
Quote:pulling sensors causes the input s to go to VCC, 5vdc, and must fail, 5v is an illegal input. and reports either open fail or too high voltage fail.
what is VCC?
Quote:if all tests pass but injectors are dead, noid dead that means the injector driver transistors are dead. (1 or both)
back to the drawing/soldering board...
Quote:on the bench: no car needed to reject the DOA , ECU, not at all.
power wired up (ground too)
CEL wired
Diag pin grounded. jumper to ground.

new post, (for your box of ECU;s)
say you do all tests, and test 6 passes on say 1 ECU, and caps are not RUBYCON, but newer.
so you have spark ! no 41/42 DTCs. allowed.
TPS 1v. (not 3v) (no TPS DTCs allowed)
and the noid is dead. (this dumb ECU has no injector monitor, its TONTO, stupid) dangme.
i connect up the noid direct to ecu pins, (it works ! flashes., the 2 wires to the engine bay are bad, cut)
it's dead, no NOID direct.
so, i replace both drivers, (no scope to see who is bad, so must shot gun the drivers)
bam , injections, done many, too many.
now you can retest all the other ECU , see they are dead. with one good one to compare.
do the transistors show signs of failure mine look normal? I will try later tonight, thanks again

Messages In This Thread
RE: no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI - by armchairlonghair - 03-18-2014, 09:23 AM