Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI
Hi thanks for the reply,
Quote;compression ok(50psi) for cold engine sat for weeks in -10 c. im sure you meant 150. and is good.

No actually 50 is correct this car had sat for weeks after it died. that means no oil left on cyl. walls and the engine temp. was -10 deg Celsius during test. timing check, noid test and it runs on test fuel.no issue here

Quote;remote start installed by me 4 yrs ago all plugs disconnected no joy. (this may be it, need to do 1 test or 2)

what are tests? do you have issue with all remote starts? or just recently installed? this one had been working for 4 +yrs no issue. wires were not cut to install it.

All 3 ecu have exact same symptoms; no injection, flash code 12.
2 of the 3 ecu recorded a code 42 and erased it on correction.

ECT your link in pages takes you to a picture of valve covers, scrolling below on that page you find sensors, no 8v ECT. I found it here; Full 8v motor PDF parts finder.

with my ECT,IAT,& MAP disconnected no codes are registered with 10 sec of cranking

Quote; lets look hard at the TPS

pin A 5v
pin B 1.1v, with pot vacuumed = .98v
pin C 5v, with pot vacuumed = 0v
pin D ground good @.5 ohm

Quote;ECU power pin dead or ECU not grounded, there are 3 EFI fuses, ig-coil, FI, and dome. all must be good. and ECU grounded and 12s spit out.

all 3 fuses checked again with DMM no issue

all 3 ecu give 12 code so power has to be there

ECU grounds etc...
green connector
B2,B10,=0 ohms to batt. neg.
B1 =12 v
yellow connector
A4,A24 =0 ohms to batt. neg.
A11 (crank sensor) =9.82v cranking

I never found that Tach diagram before. so much info so many links. index?

the question is in jjgolf's post No injector pulse.... Is dead tachometer causing this?
you mention brown wire with no detail, then he asks again about tach and this wire. In your defense it turns out his ecu will not throw codes so the focus of the thread changes.

Thanks again for all you have done and do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI - by armchairlonghair - 03-17-2014, 10:33 PM