Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabin Heater not working on Drivers side?
(03-11-2023, 09:35 PM)fixit9660 Wrote: I get a good flow of really Hot air on the passenger side. I also get the same, good flow of air out of the Drivers side, wherever the air is directed, screen only, footwells only, dashboard vents only, or any combination, so I think the ducts are all good.
The car was a Suzuki Main Dealer ex-demo car before we owned it, so I'm sure it's had the correct coolant/antifreeze mix since new.
welcome, 
we have no 2017 suzuki's here USA or Canada, the  maker bugged out long ago, no parts and no books this year. (THE 2 THAT STAYED HERE I CAN NOT SPEAK FOR)
but as all HVAC cars modern uses motor controller actuators. the problem is only these.
  1.   fuses blown !
  2. scan the EOBD (UK version of our OBD2) port, for HVAC ERRORS??? 
  3. THE MODE DAMPER IS FAILING NOT THE HO/TCOLD BLEND DOOR,  SO WE REMOVE THE MODE ACTUTOR AND MAKE SURE THE MODE SHAFT IS NOT JAMMED.
  4. THEN CHANGE MODES AT DIAL AND SEE IF ACTUATOR IN HAND MOVES, PROPER. IF NOT IT IS BAD (COMMON) OR THE CONTROLS TO IT ARE BAD.
  5. THE PROBLEM MY BE PURE MECHANICAL (IN DASH HEATER BOX (AIR DISTRIBUTION) OR ELECTRIC FAILURE.

GOOD LUCK ! PS MY NEW JEEP HAS HVAC SELF TEST, MAYBE YOURS DOES TOO, SEEN IN THE SERVICE MANUAL 2017.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cabin Heater not working on Drivers side? - by fixkick - 03-22-2023, 11:13 PM