Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange engine shutdown issue
Did I understood correctly that your tach dives to zero while engine is still turning over?

That kind of sounds like electrical problem. When my engine has stalled due to fuel injector / sensor issues I still see tach going down with same rate as engine. Kind of sounds there's no power to the tach for a while if it just plummets to 0.

Even tho the ECU page says that from 96 CAPs are better and not usually going bad I would check that as you have checked a lot of thins already.

http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/ECU.html

Also that page mentions bad grounds / wiring. Could it be that enough vibration on higher RPM causes some wire to lose contact. (My engine temp gauge goes fucked because of this when going over 5000 RPM as the engine vibrates and shakes quite a lot).

As far as I know the fuel pump should run as long as ECU thinks engine is running.. so tach diving to 0 and pump cutting out sounds like electrics out or ECU thinks key off or something funny like that.

Sorry just guess work. Hope fixkick would re-activate. He would probably know where to look.

Messages In This Thread
Strange engine shutdown issue - by Can98sidekick - 05-13-2022, 02:58 AM
RE: Strange engine shutdown issue - by jwunsch - 05-21-2022, 12:37 AM
RE: Strange engine shutdown issue - by fixkick - 06-12-2022, 07:39 AM