Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X90 "clutch position switch" Questions
Early this morning I took the cable off and reinstalled it. I did use a bungee to ensure the shackle didn't flop off. The shackle is seated on the arm correctly and seated on rubber by bell housing. Can tell by the threaded end it was never cut. 
I blew the pic up and found the little mark on the arm and it is beside the one on the clutch shaft. The clutch seemed good and no hint of a problem until the switch pedal arm cracked enough to not hit the pedal position switch. Pedal weld to the shaft was starting to crack but had not let go yet and the cable arm square is in the same spot it was (saved most of the square hole and only had to file the welds). The stop bracket being jerry-rigged would have no effect on this
I think that only leaves the cable but it worked before and I did check the adjustment when I got the car not too many miles back. . Suzuki has a parts warehouse in Canada but the cable is back ordered and they are trying to find an ETA for me.

Suzuki's revised number is good for all Trackers/ Sidekicks and X90 (according to most, but not all, sites I checked) When I ordered the cable the parts guy at the local Suzuki warranty dealer said he sells 3 or 4 a month so they will continue to stock them. I 'm guessing they must be the same as he also says he never sees an X90 anymore. This one is 8.5 inches from rubber flange (as per your drawing on free play) before installed but only 7.5" when installed on arm.

[Image: spacer.gif]

Messages In This Thread
X90 "clutch position switch" Questions - by maint - 08-23-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: X90 "clutch position switch" Questions - by maint - 09-12-2021, 02:40 AM