Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1993 Geo Tracker Tachometer Issue
(06-28-2021, 05:57 AM)JohnnyG Wrote: Hello. New user here. I have searched through the site and the internet but could not find an answer to the issue my Tracker is experiencing so I thought I'd reach out to the Sidekick/Tracker community to see if anyone might have some suggestions.

Vehicle info: 1993 Geo Tracker, 8v, MT, 4WD, 123K miles

Issue: Tachometer reads 0 at idle. It does register RPMs when the engine is revved, but I don't think what is displayed is accurate. It appears to be reading low by the approx. idle RPM. So when it is showing 2000 RPMs, I think the engine is really turning more like ~2600.

The Tracker starts, runs, and drives fine.

I bought the Tracker about 2 years ago and have just been fixing things here and there. This site has been a huge help and I hope it can be again. I appreciate any information or suggestions. Thank you.
first off hot idle is 800 rpm +- 50
so if you use and optical tach (tool meter in hand) pointed to a pulley up front, and shows 800 hot.
and tach is 000 the tach is bad .
or slim possibility of car having factory cruise control and it shorts out the brown tacho wire, just unplug the cruise box. module.
the meter very crude  and if the caps in the meter (cluster) are bad the dash tacho will read wrong or dead. and very easy to fix , if removed in hand , solder in new caps.

good luck finding cause,  but tool makes it 10x more easy.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
1993 Geo Tracker Tachometer Issue - by JohnnyG - 06-28-2021, 05:57 AM
RE: 1993 Geo Tracker Tachometer Issue - by fixkick - 06-28-2021, 06:16 AM