Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
98 Sidekick Sport JLX manual transmission mount?
(05-05-2021, 04:21 AM)Axel Wrote: Bought what was supposed to be a Sport transmission mount. Unless I have a unique vehicle, it ain't.... 
The one I was sold has single bolts front and rear on the top. My Sport has a double bolt mount on the front on top and no rear bolt. I've searched online and have only been able to find one that looks like the stock one on my car. But that one's listed for an automatic and I can't find part numbers to check if it fits both. (photo of the one available below)

So, does anyone know where to get a Sport transmission mount or part diagrams so I can figure this out? The other option seems to be a custom one made by Trail Tough which they claim is unbreakable. I haven't yet heard back from them on the price.

Thanks.
there are 3 cars then 2 bodies (wide frame sport)
3 transmissions
and 2 engines USA G16 and J18
none of those drive trains are the same. for sure.
are you talking the J18 sport and 2door or 4 most are 4 door, sure, but the 5speed tranny and 4drive all have different mounts
so 1998, j18, 4door? 5speed with 4wd? is this your car?
if yes I can tell the real SUZ partnumbers easy, for that car.

some version of this car sold in Canada have other options,  IDK them all but can look them all up.
the old lasted 23years, that is amazing,

have drawings

so does suzuki seen here

https://www.suzukicarparts.com/oem-parts...wtbDQtZ2Fz

see that? see that 77 code that is J18 codes/.
and not sold now, , but can be hand  used but aftermarket too maybe.

so you want the rear of 5speed mounts not the rear of transfer case damper?  (bottom)  

post of photo of yours or of the mount in car now, best.  locations and exact locations really help buying parts.

my guess is you want the rear of the transfer case lower rubber mount with 2 studs in the mount.?
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 98 Sidekick Sport JLX manual transmission mount? - by fixkick - 05-05-2021, 05:19 AM