Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car
Thank you for your reply.

Youre right I need to rewire the connectors pin for pin exactly like its on the 89 TB, and I am doing that today. I decided not to use my old TB, because 2 reasons 1. fuel injector has failed,/even after cleaning/ its not spraying misty fuel its just dripping / I tested for pressure fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator tjey are OK just injector is bad, and second reason throttle valve plate is not closing properly it gets jammed and even after two cleanings its not closing properly its somehow not correctly sitting and not closing like it should be. For me it would be way more easier just to use the 91+ intake manifold and put on it old 89-90 TB, but like I have written its not an option. Yes I can just swap the fuel injector, but then the throttle valve plate will keep jamming and its not operating smoothly.

I have 89-90 car / I call it old unit/ and I bought 91+ intake manifold with TB /I call it new unit/. I took out old intake 89/90 and 89/90 TB and trying to connect new /91+/ intake and 91+ TB to my old car. At the same time I am keeping everything else on my car as it was before I am not replacing anything else /ECU will still be the 89-90/. I noticed that I need to make new ported vacuum connection to the vacuum advance on the distributor /my old 89/90 has vacuum line to the distributor, so I used the old vacuum line which has T splitter and basically copied the same vacuum path, so that ECU will be getting the same signals as before.

Then on the 6 pin white connector 4 pins are the same on both TB they run from TPS, but on old 89/90 TB it like this /4 pin from TPS and remaining 2 pins from ISC/ and separate cable /2wires/ from injector with its own 2 pin white plastic connector

On new 91+TB unit ist /same 4 pins from TPS but other 2 pins directly from injector/ and ISC is not connected to it as on the old unit.

Since I am keeping my old 89/90 ECU I need to make the same connections to new 91+ TB to not to confuse my old 89-90 ECU

So I came up with idea to exactly copy the wires from old to new TB units, meaning cutting two wires from injector and solder on them old 2 pin connector /as it was on old TB/ and connect the two now empty pins with two wires from ISC like its been on old 89/90 TB/ so that the ECU will be thinking that everything is like before.

Only detail I dont know yet is that on the 91+ ISC is black plastic pin /vertical/ and I do not know which wire color is on top and which on the bottom of that connector /as I can see that it on my old TB because there is not connector but wires that run directly from it to the 6 pin connector so I know which color wire goes where. That is the last two wires I need to fix

So please if you will be so kind and give me your opinion on those two cables, so I can perfectly copy the wires for new TB. Thank you very much

Messages In This Thread
RE: suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car - by pablo4444 - 12-29-2020, 10:06 PM