Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1994 Sidekick 16v AT 4x4 4dr virgin ECM Ruby's still there
(09-23-2020, 05:56 AM)fixkick Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 01:31 AM)dieseldog69 Wrote: I'm having an injector impulse signal issue that I found diagnosing a flooding issue. The ECM is virgin and has the Rubycon capacitors still in it. The ECM is in excellent condition and the Ruby's don't even look bad but the manufacture date on them is 9311 and 9302 so they are 27? Years old. I am going to do the repair myself  but I want to know if I should replace the injector transistors while I'm in there too? Everything else looks excellent on the board. 

those are 1993 caps, made in work week 11 and 02. (of 52weeks)

what is the injector problem>  and is it on all 4  cylinders.

i presume all 4 spark plugs are wet with fuel, ?  

if the injector pulses are good,   0 12,0v volts the injector transistors are good.

lots of things cause flooding,  sensors reading wrong is one, FPR bad and fuel pressure way too high.

so does DLC, jumper (diagnstic) show CEL blink code 12< good or others?
key on CEL must blow, and go out running (nag switch turned off on federal cars)

O2 failed, stuck at 0v cause huge over injections.
mAF dead and in limphome mode, huge injections.
ECT reading way too cold and over injections. all of these are 4 cylinders all over injecting
only one injector over injecting is bad injector or as you said its matching transistor bad. 1 of 4) all 4 injector transistors do not blow up all at once.

how that helps some.
cheers
With the noid lights connected to the injectors, fully charged battery and fuel pump relay pulled had a buddy crank the engine and the lights would flash and then stay lit for a few seconds, flicker rapidly and stay on again. This doesn't have the nice little pattern usually seen on a healthy MPI. I had the caps replaced today on the ECM and the electrical engineer that did the work showed me the old Ruby's and tested them in front of me to show that they were in fact bad. One had low capacitance and the other had none whatsoever so maybe I am on the right track. If my issue isn't resolved with the ECM I'll start checking the components you mentioned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 Sidekick 16v AT 4x4 4dr virgin ECM Ruby's still there - by dieseldog69 - 09-23-2020, 10:22 AM