Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap
(12-20-2020, 07:52 AM)fixkick Wrote: i can not at all understand this vw , swaps , I am totally confused on all that,
donor car and parts moved to what target car,,  all part moved.
swaps are not easy for sure using wrong tachometer on target car.
Sorry about that, I mentioned the VW just because I have one and I want to swap in a different engine in it and run a standalone ECU. Because of that, I had started digging around the internet on how my VW's tach can be driven by the standalone. Then I remembered that the Vitara's tach could very much be driven the same way. 

I guess it wasn't really necessary mentioning the VW, since it doesn't have any relevance to the matter at hand what so ever, but I just thought that I could throw it in just to be more clear about my thought process. I ended up just causing confusion. I'm sorry about that.

To recap, the Vitara has its own original tachometer still in place, I need to drive it using a signal from the J18A's ECU. The donor car is a Baleno 1.8GTX, the only things from the Baleno are the Engine and ECU, everything else is stock 1997 Vitara.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap - by maroka - 12-20-2020, 08:48 AM