Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap
Wow! Thanks for the quick and massive response!

I guess I should have mentioned:
-The engine has 4 COPs with a separate ignitor (only 2 wires go into each COP).
-The arduino circuit I built utilizes the transistor method that you mentioned. When the out pin is HIGH the transistor is on and sinks current to ground through a resistor, when LOW, the transistor is off and you get current going through the output of the circuit. I'll try to draw it up later today.

A little more on the arduino sketch. I coded it to sweep a range of frequencies based on the output of a pot that I had wired up. It was about 2 months ago, so I don't really remember the frequency range, but the fact is that the needle did not move. I don't have a scope to test the output of my circuit, but I have another arduino nano and I've heard of people building scopes with them, so I might try it.

Once again, thanks for the huge help!

I really wish that I had access to the donor car, but my dad bought the engine from a scrap yard and the old fart there just cut off all the wiring from the ECU and didn't even give him the immo box and key (hence the immo delete).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap - by maroka - 08-31-2020, 07:40 PM