Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature Sensor Issue or Throttle body ???
for get 300 , it means random  misfire, and takes 2 driving cycles to set, so if you still do not know how to use pendings key on the scan tool you can miss P0300 (p030x)
The PENDING button tells you things failing, (DTC) that are hidden for the 2 or 3 driving cycle rules.  oK< PENDINGS MATTER>.
The MDP means (EGR MAP.) the MDP is the sensor that the EGR tests(x2) uses (just EGR) to see if EGR FAILS on this car , 96-98 that is its only purpose.

I see your freeze frame, and it tells me engine fails, EGR test "A" cruise fail, at 40mph,  and is not in closed lop, (OL means, EFI is not in closed loop it is open) open means FAIL.
EGR cruise test fails, and EFI is ALL WRONG.
at cruise the EFI must (fuel rates)and trim must be in closed loop,  your car fails to do that and means EFI  CAN NOT CONTROL FUELING RATES properly!!!!
it means EFI is out of control and is LOST< ,lost means, NO CLOSED LOOP FUELING now.

your mechanics, are no good, they should check that  closed loop works on this car, at idle hot, and hot running easy cruise for sure 40mph, and if these simple EFI tests fail we fix that first. (like , omg fueling is wrong why?, do fueling tests noob mech)

your FSM manual on EGR tells you clear as day not to blame EGR failing, if the EFI or engine shows that it is misfiring, and IS 100% correct,  in fact  it tells you to fix all lower codes first/.
and tells you to use pending codes to see if other codes are hiding.
The EGR is is easy to defeat , and I told you how, your EGR main is new, so can not LEAK. and the FSM< tells you way not to blame EGR,,
Tell me how can any MPD map sensor work with vacuum going nuts (bouncing) at misfire, well IT CAN NOT DO THE EGR TEST CORRECTLY until you learn to fix the base failures first.
fix EGR last.

you keep telling me this with no other facts, key, I need more facts, (driving is complex and I can not help lacking full disclosure of facts) ok?

"I noticed the power loss/hesitation/recovery thing at speeds of 20-25mph at first"

does this happen hot engine (means normal  hot 180f yours does)  (guess yes and only hot)_
does it happen cruise and wot./???????
if it does hesitate does pressing the throttle harder cure this misfire/bog,loss of power?/????????????????????????????????????

does the engine bog on hills, no cure with right foot, does it?  hills can use all 95hp of the engine, and is a great test those free to use hills.
IF no hills say so first, but you can just be more aggressive with the right foot and answer does WOT cure the bog. or loss of power, does it?
last will my engine be damaged, well no,  in general
if the engine is rich, hugely,.  the cat can overheat and melt.
Fuel system 1 -OL

tell then to fix this.  Fuel trim seems dead , CL is correct, OL is dead wrong cruising hot.
on any car this old there can be other problems even bad wiring or grounds bad or loose in the engine bay./
is the ground on right side of engine tight,? passenger side USA)

test closed LOOP on hot engine is the goal
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Temperature Sensor Issue or Throttle body ??? - by fixkick - 03-14-2020, 01:26 AM