Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel bearing confusion - how to repack a NEW bearing
(06-30-2019, 09:40 PM)fixkick Wrote: the other big question what grease did National bearing use inside that bearing,  hope springs eternal.
if buying grease and not from the Aircraft shop, (yes EPA here wrecked our car grease !)  use mobile1 syn grease only.
My boat,  i tired 5 top brands of grease on the axle bearings (Timken) and all 5 failed, in just 1 summer.  all turned to OIL and ran out "Damn"!, THANKS to the Freak'n EPA .
that is new wheels, new hubs and hand picked bearing by me,  all things here new. (overhauled)  
Mobile one still holding..

https://www.mobil.com/en/industrial/lubr...tic-grease

on topic of you use real bearings, you will need real grease too.. so I covered this.  (if really paranoid,(wise  here) you can buy Aircraft grease.,   it works at all temperatures, and any altitude , SR71? BlackBird?))

Federal Mogul got back to me about this.

Beck Arnley 051-3962 Bearing    is the NON SEALED GREASEABLE bearing. -- THE ONE TO USE

Beck Arnley 0513962 Bearing   is a SEALED NON GREASABLE bearing.   

Apparently the DASH does make a difference.

Federal Mogul is sending me Beck Arnley 051-3962 Bearing  via FEDEX so I should have it soon and I submitted a return of the Beck Arnley 0513962 Bearing  to Amazon.

So I will have 2 of the right bearings after all.   I have spare hubs assembly so I will make one up and keep it to have a spare.

What an interesting scenario.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wheel bearing confusion - how to repack a NEW bearing - by thebanjoman - 07-03-2019, 09:06 AM