Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel bearing confusion - how to repack a NEW bearing
(07-01-2019, 02:08 AM)fixkick Wrote: still i can not understand the 2 bearing above, the National fake photos of  it, or the BECK bearing
with the BECK inside  plastic keeper that simply removes.  (shipping protection is that)
Beck Arnley 051-3962 Bearing

https://www.rockauto.com/info/31/BA0513962-1__ra_p.jpg

rockauto
beck  we can see the insert here, but no grease seal,  (fake seals) the fake seals may be also to keep the cheap grease from running out into the box in hot 125F warehouse. (why cheap is below)
most times the box said it was shipping grease only to stop corrosion parked on shelf for a year, or more,, steel + oxygen gets you FeO2. rust.  called shipping grease , Timken bearings has  white sheet on this topic warning mech this grease is NOT  to be run on the road. so ignore these facts and bad will happen.
my motto is fixing cars is easy buying parts never.  but for sure good luck to you.

photo hot linked, (cross fingers)
[Image: BA0513962-1__ra_p.jpg]

This photo shows the 2nd bearing I have.  if I remove the inner plastic ring (have to for installation) the bearing will separate into the 3 pieces so that it can be properly greased. 

The photo I showed you before gives every indication of a sealed bearing.  I tried pulling it apart with my hands to no avail. It still seem to have the 'crush' properties of the original but I really hope I hear from Fed Mogul on this.

I have the tools and a proper torque wrench to complete the job but I just want to know if their intention on this design is to just slap it in and go.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wheel bearing confusion - how to repack a NEW bearing - by thebanjoman - 07-01-2019, 03:05 AM