Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trim and miscellaneous items
I'm finishing up some cosmetic and trim work and have a few questions:

1) does anyone know any tricks to get the gas pedal pad on the pedal?, the car had aftermarket pedal pads, I bought an used oem from a junk yard but I can't put it on and I don't want to force it too much.
2) does anyone know where to get weather stripping for the bottom of the window glass? Mine has the felt peeled off and metal is exposed, does that piece help the window glass not to shake while window is half way down and going high speeds?
3) has anyone fitted an aftermarket radio (single din size) in the place of the factory radio? My aftermarket Sony has that surrounding molding (front fascia that fits the perimeter of the radio) and it does not fit width wise, for now I pulled radio forward so radio trim sits on top of bezel oem trim. Before I cut it to recess it I was wondering if you have any ideas.
4) when you jack up your kick where exactly do you position the jack? Last mechanic I took the car to put it under the rockers and bent them up, not passenger door scrapes when opening or closing (the plastic side skirt is deformed since rocker panel is bent). I'm using the frame now but I was wondering if there is supposed to be a reinforced part on the body where one can hack the car up
5) summer is almost here, we go every week to the beach (huge parking lot with hundreds of people) I'd feel better if I could put a hidden ignition toggle switch or something like that, what is the simplest and least invasive option to do this?
6) when I bought the car it was lowered (the so called lowering springs) I'd like to put back oem size springs but it would make the car look very stupid since it has low profile tires on (get the picture? Huge space between the tire and wheel well) and the tires still have more than 65% left on them. What is the formula or rule of the relationship on length of strut and length of coil spring? Right now if I jack car up springs fall off since shocks are too long for springs. I'm just curious, I know the right thing to so is to put it back stock to avoid all sorts of problems with suspension and drivetrain.
7) someone I know has a lot of 2" stainless steel pipe left over being unused. Is this something I could use to make my own exhaust? Mine is very deteriorated and I'd like to have one ready and I'd like to start making it before the available material is given to someone else or scrapped, plus I can practice my welding.

Just a few questions if you guys have time to pitch in some knowledge and opinions.

Thank you
Gorky
1996 Geo Tracker, CAMI, 16 valve, 5sp, 4x4, soft top, 2 door, no a/c

Messages In This Thread
Trim and miscellaneous items - by gorkyb - 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Trim and miscellaneous items - by fixkick - 05-10-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Trim and miscellaneous items - by gorkyb - 05-11-2013, 12:24 AM
RE: Trim and miscellaneous items - by fixkick - 05-11-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Trim and miscellaneous items - by gorkyb - 05-11-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: Trim and miscellaneous items - by gorkyb - 05-11-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: Trim and miscellaneous items - by fixkick - 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Trim and miscellaneous items - by gorkyb - 05-21-2013, 11:04 PM