Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 Geo Tracker 4x4 Manual ECU 60A31 Repair
Hi there..I'd like to add to this thread..I've got 2 1990 tracker tin top 4x4 5 spds...They're twins except for chevy vs gmc badges...zukes all. My daily driver started randomly quitting at speed-cut right out- so I'd pull over wait,restart and carry on ...till it happened again.This makes things difficult to diagnose.Finally she quit and wouldn't restart.Towed home.Now I can diagnose...good spark,means good coil and pickups. Now fuel..Pull return line and air horn from TB and crank over while looking at injector..no fuel from injector but tons thru return eliminates fuel pump,filter and lines to TB so injector or ecu. Rarely see injector fails except for o-rings so I go with ecu as cause..change it out with known good unit from my twin and voila!! So I just loved this post about cap change outs with pics.....I would like to know how "the shop" hot wired said injector with a toggle? How is this done without burning it up? Could be a useful trick for those of us that find ourselves in the back of beyond sometimes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1990 Geo Tracker 4x4 Manual ECU 60A31 Repair - by Jake 1 - 11-07-2016, 07:48 AM