Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
Hi, everyone Shy
I'm new in this forum. I'm Spanish living in Sevilla South of Spain. My English is not very good but I can write. I have some grammar problem but I think you can understand.

I have a Vitara JLK or Sidekick with G16A engine 8 valves, it has almost twenty years..
About 4 months ago the vehicle began to spend too much fuel and to smell pure gasoline and when starting the engine in could time ISC not working 800 r.p.m only and difficult to drive..
So I take it to the car workshop to see some error code on the machine. Then they set a inyection body from scrapping, it working well but had ISC problem too.. So I decided to set a new one because the sidekick is in good condition I repaired by myself some problem during all this years but to electronic system I don't know too much about..

Now the engine working very well spend less than eight liters and runs great much better than before.. But has two problems. First, when starting the needle go to 2000 r.p.m. and then down to 1500 r.p.m. Too much speed knowing the oil is not lubricating cylinder in thouse moments. The second problem is when I turn off the engine after 30, 100, or 500 kilometers and I start after five minutes again it go up to 1800 r.p.m and down to 1000 and never down to 800 as is normal en idle speed..

So I take it to the car workshop. Then they returned the body and brought a new one but the same problem continue like this. They were looking for thouse problem but after two weeks they gave me the car with any solution. I know they faliled to find the problem they are also friends and car workshop boss had been working in Suzuki Central during 42 years as foreman..

So I opened the Air Valve (thermo wax) and I see that was a little more open than in other body. I closed it a little more and now when starting go to 1800 to 1300 r.p.m but I think this is not rigut..

And about starting in hot if you wait about 15 minutes after turn off the engine then working very well go directly to 800 r.p.m. I put also a new Air Temperature Sensor but without effect. It also has ECT (green color) and Dash Temp Gauge new they put them but without effect too.. Only rest to change other sensor that is in the intake manifold because there is four sensor in this model it's Water Temperature Sensor..

So if any of you can help me about I will be very thankful for it and to colaborate in this Forum doing my best..

Thank you very much and thanks for being there Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 10-25-2015, 03:48 AM