Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU reporting wrong temp, No closed loop
there are usa ECT and rest of world,'types" we have 2 type here 8v. and 16v and both use the same sensor, but in say Europe, lots more types, EFI and Carb.
all other type code engines are illegal here (EPA) never imported, ever. nor tested for smog... so... no wide choice of sensors here, just 1, in these years.

the eCt on all usa cars are the same. calif and fed, for 10 years. Tracker and Sidekick. ( were not talking Grand Vitara's) These 2 cars are SE416s...
the sensors used, say in Europe are different. (and on GV)
the Calif and feD ecu can have different EGR tests. and can be an issue, (code 51 tests)

The Calif cars , use many different parts.... exhaust and header, EGR, ECU tune, and rules for running the silly CEL lamp, (when and how long the CEL self cancels etc)

I'm not sure what GM did but we dont use the -50G01 ECT sensor here... on SE416s (the E means not grand vitara, just vitara with no grand)
The ECU's here all use SE416 sensors... on all G16a/b and not grand vitaras.
the scan tool reads the secret "who am I code in the ECU" and then uses the correct tables. GM messed up.

until 51s show up, both ECU will be happy in your car, (ive even run the A/T ECU on the M/T for a year) no differences...
the ecu's (P/n) varies by transmission and body weight (door counts) and 4wd, the transmission (a/t) uses new rules when in 4wd, and if running ABS. (cancels ABS in 4wd)
the 95 car uses many features and parts, from the older cars, EGR and exhaust. (suzuki didnt want to make 2 cars. in one county just because of C.A.R.B. rules(calif)
the early cars used vacuum to find bead EGR, then CALIF rules , required the EGR thermoproble that lasted until end of 1995 and then in 1996, OBD2 rule, a dedicated EGR vacuum map (baro sensor is used) (engine now has MAF so needs that new sensor)
In 1999 the G16 uses a electric motor driver EGR. (no vacuum malarkey)

the GM cartridge is wrong. 100% wrong GM means Tracker (GEO) and uses the same ECT as the Sidekick here. SE416 cars.. they are... both, (badges different)
keep in mind the +5vref is spec'd at 4.75v to 5.25v so the sensor output varies by that too... it's not a precision sensor at all. given that and it's own resistor spec. and the curve is very non linear above 150F, .
I'ts very inaccurate in the this region. I'd bet the ECU makes no effort to correct errors there. I think it just sees. 150F+ and goes to hot tables....
like thrown a light switch, I'm hot, so the IAC is closed, now.
Keep in mind the ECT does allow to ECU to fuel right at say -30F degrees. when fuel flat hates to vaporize... (and EFI excels here.... really) on the low end.

how ever the hotter engine is more efficient. (well, unless it pings)
and the Radiator too. (Carnots' laws).

the scan tools have there own documents for updates with the maker, and are not covered fully on TSB.s
Most dealers lost these papers long ago. on those old scan tools....

all great questions, thanks for sharing !!!!

one more fact,
I have the ufiche, the micro films on the GM parts book, "Geo line"
and if you look up the ECU, on those films.
guess what?
next to the GM partnumber is the Suzuki Part-number verbatim , just for ECU's only..
that is why im sure of the p/n match up , these ufilms.
Here are are some other unique things about CAMI cars, (not from Japan actual)
Many USA or Canada parts.
like:
Paint, mine was Corvette red.
Canada Radiator "Harrison"
USA glass.
USA tires and fan belts.
rear shocks? Monroe?
CAMI HVAC....
and more im sure, but never noticed.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: ECU reporting wrong temp, No closed loop - by fixkick - 05-29-2015, 09:36 PM