Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU reporting wrong temp, No closed loop
Fixkick,

re: my low engine temp issue...

Is it possible that the ecu is artificially setting the engine temp low to prevent it from going into closed loop mode? If the computer is seeing something wrong with the 02 sensor, is it possible it would artificially pop the wrong data into the ECT variable to prevent a closed loop activation?

I'm going to throw in the new 02 sensor in the next few days and will test some more.

Two of the gurus in the suzuki forum say what you have said, that it's very rare for the ecu to give erroneous engine temp readings. They are stumped as well and telling me to take an IR reading on the engine. I will, but I measured the sensor at the ecu cable and it was seeing around 300 ohms. So, I'm pretty confident the engine is at normal operating temp. Needle in dash is at midpoint too.

I just stumbled on this idea since I was reading about limp home mode how the computer will artificially stick a valid data point into a variable to let you return home. Maybe it's doing the same here? But, where this theory fails is that they could have thrown up a CEL code and it's not. Maybe there is a reason they didn't want to do this?

John
95 Geo Tracker, Build Date 1/95,16v, Fed, Cami, 4x4, MT, Headed for Grenada.

Messages In This Thread
ECU reporting wrong temp, No closed loop - by cosmic_splatter - 08-06-2014, 02:08 PM