Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI
your compression gauge was dropped, and is no good, im sure, im sure it 3x greater, and is wall of shock to any tech, seeing 3x lower than normal. its Horrid.
when you pull the ECT , the input goes open and to 5v, +- .25v so 4.75 is on the low end. is ok. and the ECU sees that in 100 microseconds.
and sets the ECT open DTC.
you can do this on any car, EFI and all do that. fast.

VCC/VDD is 5v dc power inside the ECU for logic devices. CC is collector DD is drain (mos)
yes, my clutch switches all got bypassed, its no big deal , i have cars and bikes that never heard of such a thing...

Your ECUs seem like sack of rocks, to me...
the ECUs that are dead, that is dead monitors.
code 12s, and
or failure to show sensors removed.

the monitor will show all sensors here.
keyon and for sure cranking
ect,iat,tps, or map pulled. 14,23,21, 31or 32. DTC (each bad force ecu to limphome fast)
other sensors need driving, EGR test, VSS,
the INJ transistors can look ok and be bad, easy.

[Image: 8v-tbi-schematic91to95.jpg]

all inputs good, and no injections. (the driver can be bad, but only if ECT pulled throws its DTC error.

i wonder what the ECU does with a melted cat,,, the map read wrong. no vacuum so the ECU might not like that.
my guess is flood. Low vacuum = max injections rates.
but the ECU has special cranking rules, that dont pay too much attention to the map until started, say over 500RPM faster than any starter can spin.
it know the air flow by RPM and IAC and ISC air flow tables.
it the cat is melted, it would try to start, the flood and stall.
one of the cat melted test is vacuum and sure compression.
that is why compression is so important, it connotes air flow. is ok. not just good valve ring sealing..
one guy here had low compression and racked the exh. manifold back 1/4 inch at the studs and bam, compression 150;
limphome loves to melt cats. (rich AFR and retarded timing, roasts its brick to slag.) (you can see why bad compression gets me worried) in this case whats the point if run time is 1/2 second. and it floods...
if you told me the cat was new, sorry, i forgot.

the tacho input to ecu , i think that pulse is rectified, to DC, then if the voltage is low , no spark and if normal high then yes spark.
its not too important the how, but it does, and will cut fuel if the pulse is not there, i wish i had reduced the pulse bit by bit to find its threshold now, that would have fun.

point 2, im not so intimate with the software that i can not discount. that the ECU might do WOT unflood mode 2 ways, TPS over 3v OR, map stuck at atmosphere full time.
but i did it 1 time, i pulled the map hose running and it flooded in 1sec. or 2. and went to limphome, using throttle angles as air flow rules, crude it is.
I think it would not start, or wanted to flood cranking, IIRC.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI - by fixkick - 03-18-2014, 11:01 AM