Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Smog due to high HC. Need help!
(06-14-2022, 08:25 AM)sina27 Wrote: I tested vacuum at nipple at its steady at 22inHG so that seems good. New sensors and everything. 
The EGR MAP Baro sensor reads 8inHG at idle using OBD2 scan.This sensor shouldnt affect fuel trim, correct? 

Using the obd2 scan tool - 
Upstream sensor fluctuates between 0.1mv and 900 mv as it should. The downstream sensor however is stuck at 0.35mv at idle. It only starts approaching 0.5mv when im driving the car for a while. Is this normal? Both 02 sensors are new. 

Maybe the issue is the thornley header / custom exhaust. Maybe i should go back to stock. 

I also replaced the fuel injectors. fuel pressure is spec, i tested this at the rail.

the headers are find as long as they do not put he car too far from the 4 exhaust ports.
the cat must light off and stay active hot idle and all smog speeds (roller?)
fuel pressure  must be 6 PSI difference, keyon-not start to  hot idle 800rpm ,  if not FPR is bad and is common  now.(this age)
stuck at 0.35mv at idle.
this  stuck is totally wrong, 
use only a scan tool that than can Live graph the o2 front sensor to see it swing fast 6 times a second (par) if not o2 is failing for 2 reasons

forget the down stream sensor 02, it is only used to test he P0420 the CAT is dead or too lazy test for get that, well  as long as P0420 are passing .
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Failed Smog due to high HC. Need help! - by fixkick - 07-11-2022, 03:02 AM