Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super strange issue.. stumbling under mild throttle
(12-21-2021, 12:22 AM)fixkick Wrote: this is a 1 wire O2 that will not have a heater to Cell shorted failed,  as can happen on newer model cars 91+ inside the O2.
that means it loves to fail , dead, 0v, and that sets fueling full rich, (by design (smog less) O2 is designed when bad to make NOX lows  and fuel rich (best of 2 evils) and is good to know troubleshooting,  if unplugged the O2, the voltage at the ECU there goes to 0.45vdc, this is mid point and fuel mix goes to that. far better than stuck at 0v or 1v.

i tested the map under 3 conditions. At idle its 1.15 ish or so. I figure thats within range enough? 
i think the smoking gun was the brand new o2 sensor.. must have been bad from the store? On its way to warmup it was going to .45v and doing its closed loop… then just continued to heat up to .9 ish volts oh boy.. anyway i unplugged it and it runs soooo much better. Im assuming the high voltage was causing a lean condition making for weak injector pulsing. Hot the wts was 300 ish ohms.. 315 at 195 degrees.. 

im sure now my issue was the 02 sensor! 

now my question becomes.. will i be able to set my idle duty back to 50% with the 02 in open loop? Right now it seems like my meter jumps around a bit and wont settle. 

also will the car trigger 800rpm idle with the 02 sensor in open loop? 

thank you for your input! I was definitely chasing my tail there for a couple days pulling out my hair lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super strange issue.. stumbling under mild throttle - by Billnot4power! - 12-21-2021, 10:12 AM