Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COLD RADIATOR
Hello, I have a 1997 Sidekick Sport 4 door manual tranny; it has the 2.3L motor swap -  bought 4 months ago.  As far as I know 1.8-2.3 are nearly the same?

I noticed that the radiator and lower rad hose are always cold.  The radiator and thermostat are new.  The water is hot on the water pump side, but cold on stat housing and below.  I am pretty sure all the air is out of the system.  I am only noticing this now, so may be normal this time of year?  It was quite hot out 4 months ago and I was crawling through the trails - never overheats or runs hot.  Needle is always in the middle of the gauge.  The hose coming out of the heater core is almost the same as going in.  I always hear water flowing in the heater core when upshifting (over 3000rpm or so).  I flushed/cleaned the heater core - no debris/water flow seemed good.
I just bought an IR gun today and measurements are as follows:

Cylinder head  -  160°F 
upper radiator hose  -  200°F 
lower radiator hose  - 110°F 
water pump   -  200°F 
upper heater hose   -  175°F 
lower heater hose. -  160°F 
lower rate radio lower heater hose pipe at water pump  - 200°F 

When I turn the engine off, there is a suction sort of sound in the upper radiator hose. What a pinch in the other three tiny water hoses see picture the suction immediately stops.

Any ideas?  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
COLD RADIATOR - by MICHAEL - 10-16-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: COLD RADIATOR - by fixkick - 10-16-2021, 09:57 PM
RE: COLD RADIATOR - by MICHAEL - 10-17-2021, 01:11 AM
RE: COLD RADIATOR - by fixkick - 10-17-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: COLD RADIATOR - by MICHAEL - 10-17-2021, 07:45 AM