Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X90 "clutch position switch" Questions
Tracking down a X90 no start problem. Have continuity on the wire from the starter solenoid back to a connector just before it goes through the firewall and from the ignition switch to it's connector. Lots of drawings supposedly show what is between these two points but they don't agree with what is here or to each other. No continuity between the points
Most drawings show start power on a R/y wire to clutch position switch and, if pedal down, power to the starter solenoid. Not how it is in this car and it looks original. Wire starts out at key 12-14ga, wires to clutch switch are 18ga. Some drawings show from ign to clutch switch and then to both ECU and starter while others show to ECU. Wouldn't make sense to start out at ign with 12ga then drop to 18 ga at the clutch switch then back up after the firewall.
- If the clutch switch is NOT inline to starter then it operates on ECU
- If it operates on ECU then the starter solenoid wire would also go through the ECU to be controlled by the clutch pedal switch but I can't see one in any drawing. I could run a wire around the break but that makes no sense of the clutch switch
Can't trouble-shoot the no power to starter solenoid if I don't understand what is supposed to happen?
ANY CLUES??

Messages In This Thread
X90 "clutch position switch" Questions - by maint - 08-23-2021, 09:35 AM