Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
98 Sidekick Sport broken front shock mount
(07-14-2021, 09:20 AM)fixkick Wrote: it is a  removal,  bottom up , job (strut removal)
then to put the strut back  the top of the strut shock end, in  your new doohicky top mount , already replaced new/.  then all other steps are below. to finish.

Okay, thanks anyway. 

The strut mount I posted was just a picture that came up with a search so I could show you what had broken, to help explain where the failure occurred. It's not one I plan to buy.

My initial post was to explain what happened to me and how I managed to get the strut stabilized WITHOUT the top mount. It was an emergency repair and perhaps my experience may help someone else if the top strut mount breaks in the middle of nowhere.

So my original question was if anyone has experience with a front strut mount that is good quality and likely to last? I know I won't be able to get the Suzuki original but it seems that KYB make one. I have always had a positive experience with their shocks but don't know about their front strut mounts. The one's I had were from a local chain car parts store and are clearly not very good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 98 Sidekick Sport broken front shock mount - by Axel - 07-15-2021, 04:40 AM