Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
98 Sidekick Sport broken front shock mount
(07-14-2021, 02:38 AM)Axel Wrote: fixkick

Thanks Mr. Fix,   The metal shock mount parts are all fine, there is no issue with that at all. What broke was the rubber bushing/bearing that supports the top of the front shock.  It's the part listed from PartsGeek in the pdf at the top. The rubber bushing that holds the top of the shock sheared. This allowed it to bang around inside the housing, both side to side and up and down. The movement changes the camber as it shift around and on a rough road the movement could have damaged the housing that supports the bushing.The spring and shock are separate so there was no need for a spring compressor, I just had to find some way to stabilize the top of the shock inside the mount. The shock was free to move and so with any up and down movement of the front wheel, the shock didn't compress but the whole shock was lifted up and down within the hollow mount. The steering wheel puller was used to center the top of the shock inside the mounting tube and to push it down and keep it at the correct height. Without the fix, the top of the shock was sticking up 100 cm beyond the correct position and could move freely within the mount. 

Does that explanation make sense?  
no sorry id have to watch all that.  sorry'
that kit is a clone of real suzuki parts,  from china it bet
and did you read the free suzuki manual on strut replacement,"??? it is not like you think I bet, no?
i think you trying to do all this backwards,  but I can not see you do it so.. is just  guess based on others doing things wrong, sorry if not you.

chapter #3C  page 3 is front suspension (the 96 manual is same on all these cars) sport is wider frame rails.\\\\

wayback machine finds it.\

https://web.archive.org/web/201011190811...3c-pdf.htm

most folks read that and do  not want to do it the right way, BOTTOM UP, not backwards.

i have never see or heard anyone try to cheat these steps,  (not saying you did, )
\good luck !
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 98 Sidekick Sport broken front shock mount - by fixkick - 07-14-2021, 09:16 AM