Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wits End....ready to crush it-(96 Tracker miss)
Thanks for your reply and time.....lots to think about here.  Wish you were here although maybe you are near???

Anyhow couple followup items-

Yes, I fell for the damn "gasket on the oil pan" issue already and had to remove the front differential in order to re-do the oil pan.  This is the first vehicle that I've ever encountered that did not want a oil pan gasket....(which you are correct-it was included in the gasket set).  The crank position sensor is the original sensor so it should be correct however I didnt really look at the one that came with the long block too closely as I assumed it would be correct.....

Yes, in hindsight I would have replaced the fuel tank instead of trying to clean it....I used my pressure washer and got it pretty darn clean but obviously pretty hard to get it 100% clean.  One of the injectors was nearly 100% blocked and that cylinder was getting 0 fuel so that was why I replaced them all....but at that time I did not even think to check the return line so maybe I do have 4 bad injectors now but this is getting expensive....

As far as the wires/plugs-yeah they are (or were) new but I got them off Rockauto....cheap set.  At the time I didnt realize these Trackers had a crappy/goofy integral coil and never would have guessed this....

As far as the FPR-I actually did pull off the hose and blocked it with my thumb, not just pinched the vacuum line and it responded per your write up on the website.

I'll probably end up looking closer at the OBD scan data.  I have a cheap scan tool but didnt spend a whole lot of time looking at it.  I believe it did go into closed loop but am not 100% positive.  It does idle high until it warms up so I assumed it was (I even believe I saw that on the scanner but that seems like years ago now that I've been through all this other stuff and will have to do this again).

Grounds have been checked....I even ran a temporary ground from the battery to the block/chassis as a second check. 

I'll double check the exhaust manifolds and see if there are any cracks....

...or I may just crush the car and be done with it.  Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wits End....ready to crush it-(96 Tracker miss) - by [email protected] - 04-30-2021, 02:43 AM