Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car
I have suzuki vitara /escudo sidekick tracker/ with engine G16A 8v 1,6 59Kw 80ps 4wd manual 5 gears transmission 2 doors ET TA cabrio /convertible/ year manufacture 1990 no AC. I have to replace /swap/ the old intake manifold along with throttle body for a newer generation intake and TB . Unfortunately, I have a difficult time find some old parts that match exactly the specs of my old unit, The closest I have found and bought from scrapyard is 91+ intake and throttle body unit. I have connected all tubes water air vacuum, no problem at all , but I am now standing in front of  last obstacle. 

On old unit  89-1990 I have 6 pin square white connector with 4 wires /pink white green black/ going from TPS and 2 wires /green red/ comming from ISC. And then I have 2  wires /yellow red / comming from injector and those are ended up with white 2 pin plastic connector. In engine area all connectors have been allways connected, 6 pin white and 2 pin white connector /not speaking of other sensor wires those are sorted out/

The new unit 1991+ wiring is bit different /simpler has only 6 wires/  it also has 4 wires /same color as old unit/ comming from TPS to the 6 pin square white connector /gold color plated pins/ but other 2 wires are comming directly from injector also to the remaining 2 pins of the 6 pin connector /silver plated pins/, and there is not another 2 wire cable from injector?

Maybe you can help me with this.
 Can I just leave it like this and plug only 6 pin or do I have to create /take 2 wires with 2 pin connector from old unit/ and bridge connection between two wires that come from injector to 6 pin connector and connect it that way?

Or my second idea is to cut two wires from 6 pin connector / comming from injector/ and fix them to 2 pin old plastic connector and then create a new 2 wire connection between iISC socket /mounted on the ISC unit black plastic with 2 pins silver plated/  to previously cutted off 2 positions on the 6 pin connector, so that the wiring will be exactly the same as on old unit. 

I will be very happy if you can give me  your opinion. I am optimistic it can be done somehow because its the same simple engine and almost the same intake and throttle body.  Also I am sorry english language is not my normal language. Thank you

Messages In This Thread
suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car - by pablo4444 - 12-29-2020, 04:36 AM