Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU Component identification
Is there a diagram of all the components on an ECU board that tells the part number of each device?
Hi guys new member and just figured out how to start new Thread. I have a 1994 Tracker Hardtop 4wc  5 speed1.6L 8V. Its been sitting for 3 years. Put gas in it the other day and a fresh battery. Tried to start it but it wouldn't start. Tried Starting Fluid but nothing. Checked spark and had none. Checked Distributer and pick up in distributer. Cap and rotor good Pickup looked good but dont know how to test. Checked coil resistance and it didn't match what the Haynes manual said. I also did the test with the 3 volts on the ignitor and it didn't check out either. One wire is hot going to the coil and one is hot going to the ignitor. Bought new Coil and ignitor and installed but still wont start.  I read the ECU can cause no spark problems. I also read the Rubicon Caps are junk and will fail. Took ECU out and caps look good but ceramic Ball or bead Diode had pretty bad corrosion at the body of the diode on each side. Tried to take it out of the circuit to test but one leg broke off. I cant seem to be able to figure out what that diode is as there is no numbers on it and there is very little information about ceramic ball or bead Diodes on the internet. The diode has a brown stripe at one end and it has 3 green dots placed evenly around the circumference of the diode. Can anyone help me out with this? Does anyone have an idea what amp and voltage that is?

Messages In This Thread
ECU Component identification - by capt1njohn - 10-31-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 10-31-2020, 08:39 AM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 10-31-2020, 09:28 AM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 10-31-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 10-31-2020, 10:23 PM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 10-31-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 10-31-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 11-03-2020, 12:00 AM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 11-03-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: ECU Component identification - by fixkick - 11-03-2020, 10:45 PM