Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara 1991 brake caliber bracket
(10-28-2020, 10:21 AM)jwunsch Wrote: Parts 14-15 + pins (8-9) are problematic ones. Some sets of pins I found but 14-15 none.

I am thinking of getting all of that as at least right side brake disk is soon at end of life. So pads + shims + disks + calibers + pistons etc + mountings. And as I have 1 bad shock absorber, get those + springs. Then the front as whole should be ok for a long time and no worries in yearly vehicle inspection.
there is only one worry
brake failures.
not testing.
what matters is just you being safe.
brakes bad can do horrible things not just dead. like jerking steering wheel as you go fast and brake in turns,  seen it all I have.
The other is , once I had air brakes fail in 20ton dump truck  flying through the REDLIGHT at 40mph , loaded,  horn blasting and emergancy brakes on fire.
me 17 years old. (learned that day to do brakes 100%) for life. county own truck me hired.  10speed box, crash box.

rotors ,calipers, pads, fluid fresh and good hoses, no leaks and those steel lines love to rust this old. and not safe that.
some of these cars the caliper pins seize and brakes fail that side or skid,  real crappy pins here.
my jeep has SST stainless steel pins (no rust ever) and teflon pin guides, same results .  quality is not free.

ever drive a car with front drum brakes,? if yes, we just love disk brakes now... no fade wow.  ( with drums 1 stop good,, 2nd fails as drums burn red hot)
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Vitara 1991 brake caliber bracket - by jwunsch - 10-28-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: Vitara 1991 brake caliber bracket - by fixkick - 10-29-2020, 02:56 AM