Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara 1991 brake caliber bracket
(10-28-2020, 04:49 AM)jwunsch Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 01:53 AM)fixkick Wrote: they do not sell direct, click distributors.

even rockauto has many
and all sub parts too,  braket and even pins sold.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/suzu...liper,1704

$25 whole thing.

more choices now,  a good thing at rock.

[Image: 6yThDBm.jpg]

I think I need whole new brake caliber, seals and piston as rubber seal is broken and piston has some rust.

Those I found from local sellers. The about U shaped steel thingy holding the caliber has weared hole and thus the pin is loose and causes some noise etc when hitting holes in road. Or so I understood from the mechanic that replaces the brake booster. That part is not sold by anyone here.

Got this picture from him today. Its from right front wheel. I probably should order parts for both wheels as its 30y old car to have spare for the left side.

Car is 2 door hardtop, with removable backseat "chairs".

Also I need to replace both front shock absorbers so I probably should just get new brake assys, new shocks and springs and just get them all swapped at same run at the shop. Winter is coming and I dont have proper tools so get the parts first and then pay for the labor.
U shaped steel thingy holding the caliber

does this U shape thing show up in the suzuki drawing,?

#11,12,13 are all anti-squeal shims that lazy shops do not replace,

#8 are slider pins that  love to fail and rust out,
The base is #14/15   ,
the normal practice on brakes is all new or all rebuilt full and loaded calipers as in #1/2 above.
replacing 1 full axle means both sides, so brakes do not pull and cause steering to pull drivers hands braking fast.
the actual caliper is under #7 screw,  do you call that U shaped, it is a caliper.  just like  vise works,.  
best is full loads,  (pads and all, )

make sure rotors are not cracked, those be man killers for sure. or too thin,
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Vitara 1991 brake caliber bracket - by jwunsch - 10-28-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: Vitara 1991 brake caliber bracket - by fixkick - 10-28-2020, 05:14 AM