Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car overheating while engine is off
that is misfiring, old distrib cap and rotor;./?
the dash gauges are not accurate, even no numbers there,  it is just to show , oops seems too hot.

what did the new intake manifold com off of.  (many have different sensors, for sure non USA cars.) for SURE ECT wrong,

93" 8v is in what country? vitaras sold all over earth and not the same (in the manual for nonUSA cars, 3 more engine types (1,2,3) AND DIFFERNT parts.
I can not help lacking country or VIN code. (put xxxxxx for last digits serial)  out side USA VIN plate is on fire wall next to battery , some are blue. plates.
The parts for suzuki must match country, for sure. (for sure all sensors and all EFI parts , all)

yes the 1800 RPM first start RPM hot or cold is ok for sure cold , see that TBI ,throttle body see the left rear corner DP (dashpot) see it extend started, that is the
short time 5 to 15 second super fast cold start, this is for smog, it burns up the lake of fuel, that nasty TBI does in the intake main TB base port( dinky plenum)., (unlike MPI)
The ECU does that it opens the DP up, and then retracts it fast. all do that, ever one but is less hot started at 82c. but still does.
IAC has no wires !
then IAC (thermal sets air flow until 150F  is reached) RPM code under IAC controls vary by temp but is 1200-1500 RPM out side Iceland.
then at 150F the IAC closes, no more air from it, then ISC (2 wires) runs idle at 750 to 850rpm and regulates , so well even shifting to DRIVE it holds 800rpm like a rock.
or turn on blower and headlamps same time hot engine 82c and see RPM hold at 800 (or 750 the dash gauges is not this accurate)

What trans do you have.
?vitara (CAMI, 1.6L, 8v, EFI, 1993)  2door or 4door, 4wd or 2wd,  , trans is?
country "canada": licensed? new?

The misfire you hear can be (3cylinders = misfire gross)
means many times, the IAC is dead.
lacking proper air , it misfires, (less air and over injects cold only)
then the old owner to hides that gross error, and he goes to the TBI front idle bleed screw and CCW turns that sucker to get an  idle that will not stall. (one cause of many)
The IAC is not easy to test,  it is a pure thermal device.

seen here. (my tests all) on more than one. (bench tested by me, to see exactly what it does and how much, -10F is in my freezer (wife at work, hehehehe)
those are not C temps, but F only. USA imperial malarkey.  if bad IAC portion , ECU goes bit wacky.
[Image: cold-air2w.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Car overheating while engine is off - by Amf3ar - 10-06-2020, 06:59 AM
RE: Car overheating while engine is off - by fixkick - 10-09-2020, 10:29 AM