Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car overheating while engine is off
(10-06-2020, 10:41 PM)Amf3ar Wrote: Uh so nothing to worry about right?
Thank you very much for your clarification!
I think I will put on my steel 4-1 exhaust mainfold.
Tried that for some days...temps in engine bay are lower...just need something to decrease that sound lol

Thanks again and keep going with this great forum!!
my overheating page covers this,  hope me.
not boiling over,
50% AF ratio right?
no steam.
no leaks.
no pinging of engine under load (for sure up hills)
no dash TEMP gage acting not (wild fluctuations are air pockets all bad that)
no steam blasting in to overflow bottle. 
the overflow bottle is say 1/2 fill every cold start in the AM. Just before first start up, level is same all week long, good that is means engine not eating up AF.
eating means burning AF and blowing it out tail pipe end. (bad head gaskets or cracked head/block)

SOAK is totally unrelated to driving.
soak is normal, all engine do that. get hotter turned off, (at first) a factor of thermal dynamics, this.
on some cars it is very bad, not this car but others, for sure like turbo cars or other very high compression engines or other that run super hot thermostats.

Reason:
"In physics, the second law of thermodynamics says that heat flows naturally from an object at a higher temperature to an object at a lower temperature, and heat doesn’t flow in the opposite direction of its own accord."

the heads (1 or more) the combustion chambers are super hot so when you stop the engine dead(key off) that stored heat there moves to the water jackets
and now you see heat soak effects, most folks do not after all they are key off (blind) and shopping.

I'd worry all the above not not soak. not on this simple engine. (not turbo charged or head milled to 15:1 CR, see that done wow bad)

I think it is ok.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Car overheating while engine is off - by Amf3ar - 10-06-2020, 06:59 AM
RE: Car overheating while engine is off - by fixkick - 10-08-2020, 12:40 AM