Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap
(09-17-2020, 05:59 AM)maroka Wrote: It's a shame really, they're good cars. Super strong chassis/running gear. "I drive an offroad car, but I maintain a normal car" is what my dad uses to justify still owning an fixing that thing. He bought it 8 years ago and it's actually appreciated in value since then. At least here, good kick/tracker (we call them Vitara) is hard to come by and even if you do, it costs the same as a BMW x3/x5. Parts are plentiful here in Europe, but the marked is flooded with crappy knock offs that barely last a day.

About the CMP. We did just as you suggested. We took a sharp piece of metal and made a deep scratch along the CMP mount and head. When you move the CMP, the 2 parts of the scratch do not align anymore. And it's easy to put back.

Thanks for everything, good luck to you too! When we get it fired up I will take some readings with a scope and post an update. I am willing to help you write an article on that if you want to add it to the main site later, regarding the whole swap or just the tach!
it is a great off road and snow car. for sure.
but here In uSA sales collapsed , many  want hug powerful engines here,  and cheap gas here. $1.81 a gallon here.
yes here too increased value,  the cars are less found used each day but some like it and that drives up prices on  shrinking base of used cars.
$500 car is now $1500. (beater vitara/sidekick/trackers)
and and  jeep wk wranglers

2020 stats.
From $51,950  new
Based on Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
1996 to 2019
$4,400 - 58,960

times are a changing and not good,  inflation is never fun.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap - by fixkick - 09-17-2020, 06:09 AM