Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap
It's a shame really, they're good cars. Super strong chassis/running gear. "I drive an offroad car, but I maintain a normal car" is what my dad uses to justify still owning an fixing that thing. He bought it 8 years ago and it's actually appreciated in value since then. At least here, good kick/tracker (we call them Vitara) is hard to come by and even if you do, it costs the same as a BMW x3/x5. Parts are plentiful here in Europe, but the marked is flooded with crappy knock offs that barely last a day.

About the CMP. We did just as you suggested. We took a sharp piece of metal and made a deep scratch along the CMP mount and head. When you move the CMP, the 2 parts of the scratch do not align anymore. And it's easy to put back.

Thanks for everything, good luck to you too! When we get it fired up I will take some readings with a scope and post an update. I am willing to help you write an article on that if you want to add it to the main site later, regarding the whole swap or just the tach!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driving 97 kick tach after J18A engine swap - by maroka - 09-17-2020, 05:59 AM