Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara 91 - Hardening against theft
Thanks a lot.

I will sleep on it a bit and think more. Now I got a feeling that I will use remote control switch on the pump ground and hide the switch inside tail light chassis casing or in the casing you see if you pull out the cover from left rear seat section of wall.

Not the first place to look for when you are in hurry. Also should be able to leech 12v power to the switch unit control by requiring lights to be turned on.. uses some milli amps.. which is nothing compared to lights them selves.

So basically then you will need to switch ON with the remote + turn on lights to actually get some fuel into the TB. My automatic lights fail more often than they work. Smile

And yeah I agree with you that this car is nicely simple. Really one reasons for selecting it as 2nd car/hobby car. And as bonus you have RWD fun for the winter and 4WD H/L for places you really need traction. Only bad thing is that some parts are hell to find inĀ  EU area.

I used to have BMW 520 (E60) before I swapped it to the more economic hybrid Auris. No probelms on the Auris yet (2015), but had some quite nasty troubleshoots on the BMW. Eventually got rid of it due to some strange AT or turbine lockup clutch problems as they could get expensive. So for old car I wanted the very simple option without AC, AT or any other complex or expensive stuff.

Messages In This Thread
Vitara 91 - Hardening against theft - by jwunsch - 07-27-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: Vitara 91 - Hardening against theft - by jwunsch - 07-27-2020, 09:31 AM