Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick question... Re: compatibility
(07-25-2020, 07:51 AM)Xoloski Wrote: My Sidekick JX sport is a 1988.
I need new front door panels. I found some in Tucson from a 1999 Tracker.

I know Sidekick was discontinued in 1999.

Q: What make / model / years will be compatible with my '98?

Thanks

BOTH FRONT DOOR CARDS, FOR 2DOOR car is it 2doors?
You mean 89 or 98 right there is no sidekicks in 1988.  ok 98  (was only a typo I think)

ok  So is the 1998,. wide frame J18,  4door.?    sport, real sport not just  tagged stickerize only sport as some dealers did in some states, nuts !
real Names below:

a real sport is SV418 and parts list matching same. for sure.
they also come on colors.  not just 1. black and gray codes on doors.
they have 2door and 4door car and 4doors  have electric locks and windows, got those? 2 electric things in the door (or is JLX) not sure (4doors most are electric doors fully)

I can not tell you what fits, only  what partnumbers match.    I'm sure 99 is a no go. but is this 2dr or 4door. car. and electrics in the door.

the 4door only shows 98 fits 98 and some have gray cards. called the SPECIAL.
the 2door is not the same rules,   on jx but not JA all 3 years same, cards 96/97/98  (simple crank up windows and simple locks)

now 99. never seen 99 sport ever, or heard of one,  those are Vitara's  that year, or chevy trackers. and non are j18, they are J20 or bigger.
sport is 96 -98 period.
tell my what car you really have and will the full number search in the EPC see if other cars match by exact number of door card,  

the sport is wide frame car that takes the wider J18 engine (soon to be J20 late then V6 later)
that is what sport means and not just a sticker as some have.

good luck to you,

my guess you are talking to wreckers. with dreams of vitara parts, but who knows this, all I have are numbers. (and car body types and options lots)
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Quick question... Re: compatibility - by Xoloski - 07-25-2020, 07:51 AM
RE: Quick question... Re: compatibility - by fixkick - 07-25-2020, 11:01 AM