Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara 1991 brake booster replacement
(07-17-2020, 10:31 PM)fixkick Wrote: th ebooster only boosts, and when it dead. car has legit pure mechanical brakes but are harder to press the pedal only, they still have full stopping power (by design)

any air leak (aka vacuum leak) will cause too fast idle that is how all 8valve G16 EFI work, and large leak of air and vacuum brake boosters is huge leak.
the boosters on old cars like this can be hard to get.
did you ask at your local autostores first, some can, asking is base.
cracked booster diaprham...
the P/N for the booster I can tell you.
market 17 parts  shows that on body tag. = Sweden      LAK625K17  (for sure not santana)
suz# 51300-60a30    (or A20)  there are 3 cars made then, type 1,2,3 in Europe( in USA only 1  =LHD here.)
so parts must match that. 
as you may not know brakes and rules vary by country so, E17 Sweden is it.  I think is type 1.
that  K code means Type1.  but this part is sold for RHD or LHD right and drive.(or left)
a20 = RHD  (common in Europe  or UK)
A30 = LHD 

idle is 750  to 850 hot unless you turn on AC or other huge load accessories.  800 is normal. hot, no accessories or lighting on.
1000 is with AC on. (or other things on)varies by country this. my 91 had rear glass heater and this too 1000 rpm. ECU decides.

Hello. And thanks for the info.

Yeah I noticed that the EFI gets very confused when I press brake pedal and vacuum leaks. Engine strats vibrating and then idle goes 1400-1500. This is why I made the wooden plugs for the vacuum tube. I also could feel the leak from the actuator rod connection from pedal to booster. So the biggest leak was in the booster.

Idle went bit wonky before this trip (1200 rpm) and got back to it when plugging the vacuum. So there is some additional leak I need to fix after I get back. Plan is to change every rubber hose that connects to EFI as they are all 30 years old.

RHD countries in Europe left are only UK and Ireland. Rest of us drive LHD. So I guess my part number ends A30. So thanks for that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vitara 1991 brake booster replacement - by jwunsch - 07-18-2020, 07:30 PM