Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECM Burnt
I am about to join the ECU capacitor club, myself! I was having a "slight burnt electronics smell" shortly after start up that I thought was a failing speaker but upon instruction and inspection I found to be the ECU Rubicon capacitor (known issue).

I am also a new apostle of Fixkick and, as you said, "a noob but I work on my own car."

I'm telling ya man- with Fixkick's help I have been able to identify problems before they happen- as the car will give you signs beforehand if you're wise to them. I have also been able to fix known issues that were affecting the car and I had no clue at all. These 8v 1.6's are GREAT VEHICLES that just plain WANT TO RUN even with bad parts- but once you fix those bad parts man... the performance increases and you can REALLY enjoy these cars.

That timing is crazy that it would just happen to burn up on your literally while you are working on it!

I also recently got myself a 93 GEM (as you called it, amen!) and there are only 2 things that I think can take this car out- rust or wrecks.

I am just really glad to see that their are other Suzuki enthusiasts who, in 2020, are still buying and fixing these vehicles up and are able to do so thanks to Fixkick and his site giving us everything that we need to keep these vehicles going! :-) I am not alone!

Messages In This Thread
ECM Burnt - by August Wieneke - 05-21-2020, 08:13 AM
RE: ECM Burnt - by fixkick - 05-23-2020, 10:51 AM
RE: ECM Burnt - by fixkick - 05-23-2020, 10:54 AM
RE: ECM Burnt - by August Wieneke - 05-23-2020, 11:12 AM
RE: ECM Burnt - by z1joshmon - 07-01-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: ECM Burnt - by fixkick - 07-01-2020, 05:23 AM