Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara 1991 5sp transmission leak
(04-21-2020, 04:06 AM)fixkick Wrote: that is right jacks , are never safe for any human under a car, even my dog no.
jack stands yes. HD 2000lb rated each. or more. quality.

I will go trough this with the mechanics (+ the tip about needing wood so that the engine wont tip) as they probably do not have FSM for Vitara. Hopefully nothing major with the tranny. It is not leaking bad.. it drops 1-2 drops after it has been driven and is parked. So only leaks while its turning.

Oh and ofc NEVER go under the car if its on jack. I meant jack stands which I have, but failed with my English.

But I don't have all tools required for the clutch swap... and I am bit scared that if there is some major problem, then I have car and tranny stuck at a place where they are really hard to get towed away. So will buy this service instead of the tools. But they told me Vitara is not familiar for them even tho the shop specializes on 4x4 parts and service.

You mostly see old Vitara in northern Finland, not here in south where you actually don,t need 4wd for anything. Smile

Thanks a lot for your help again.. bit by bit I am getting this mess sorted out with your help.

Messages In This Thread
Vitara 1991 5sp transmission leak - by jwunsch - 04-21-2020, 03:08 AM
RE: Vitara 1991 5sp transmission leak - by jwunsch - 04-21-2020, 04:29 AM