Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997 Sidekick MAF and/or MAP???????
intermittent hesitation issues? 
well gee if engine is at 500 RPM the ECU goes kinda nuts,  500 rpm is not on the fueling map tables (ECU table) (means chart not a sensor) and sure  it hesitates.
how can it NOT? I ASK.?  500RPM is illegal RPM.. 750 is low end. for sure. not 500.....

this is because you (not accusatory means all persons involved) fails to find catastrophic HOT IDLE RPM 500 ERRORS cause, only head scratching and guessing, TPS guessed wrong. ok
500RPM is dead to rights wrong fix this first.
that means find the cause of  that first.. and to diagnose this problem first.. here I will make a list, if car was here, can't do there no idea what the have for TOOLS.
HOT engine,  only.. spark good and for  sure new spark HV wire sets, mag wire is best, and timing right...

1. at 500rpm FAILURE, what does turning the bleed screw do,  CCW (counter clockways) 1 or 2 turns, (gawd I hope you didnt screw it in 8 turns clock wise did you, IDK)?
  2. TPS  idle switch pin at 0vdc, if not but is 5v that is wrong, fix wrong now, ask. (calibrated wrong , or TV jammed or TV cable not a 10mm spec slack per FSM cable too tight!!!!!
  3. ISC dead, is it? if you remove the ISC plug (has locks do not force any connector on car, learn to unlock them first) does engine stall or go to 400 rpm
  4. on normal car 800 RPM normal idle pulling he iSC plug gets you about 400 RPM  see my DRIFT? ISC dead is 400 RPM or even 500, or more accurately super low illegal RPM..
  5. Then I raise the TV lever there to gain 800 RPM if that fails, that means engine is flooding or running super lean.  but I must try this to see that I HAVE control of RPM by hand..
  6. I then see if engine was misfiring at 500 stops doing that by holding by hand  the TV lever (cables end)  see if misfire ends at 800 RPM as it must,  yes/no.
  7. Then I clean the ISC, and test it , i bench test it with 12vdc if that fails it is NO GOOD replace it.
  8. OK ISC is good not bad, not dead not  sticking, I test the signals from ECU to ISC< to make sure they are correct.
  9. if The ISC is ok and the ECU + ISC can not get idle to 800 as commanded then the injectors are messed up, but gee bad fuel does that. (fuel pressure is good you said so...)
  10. bad fuel for sure rust for sure water but omg both are hell on injectors I told you they have 10 micro sized screens inside, that do not want to just go clean by them selves, in fact the injector show uses ULTRA sound and back flushing to get them clean there is no other way besides new or rebuilts  x4 injectors..  try to know that that junk landing on any 1 injector pintle valve tip makes it leak and if it leaks RPM can go to 500. even one cylinder dead or flooding will do that. 
  11. Again this process is to prove ISC not bad, and is really engine gross misfiring firing (that I can not hear)  if it misfiring hard, step5 then injectors may be bad.
  12. Bet the car does not hold closed loop at idle..  if it does not that too is first order failure and even causing misfire..
the injectors on this car x4 are invisible. the tests are limited to leak down testing on car or off.
the on car test is in the FSM,  using key off pressure drops with injector unplugged or added 1 by 1.  to find the offending injector but see this .next..
left is normal, next to are lean burn, and last is flooding . key off and it leaks, for long time,
The on car tests are for EQUALITY, only, if not equal that odd one is bad. if unlucky (happens) all 4 are like 2 and 3 below and read same but are bad and you will not KNOW IT...on car.

[Image: Injectors-patterns.jpg]

no injector made likes dirt, water or rust for gas, none do.  and will love to cog up.
Many times persons do every test there is, and do ignore misfiring, and at the end and vast costs of parts and labor check the injectors last and bingo.

see real Patterns here first , hope owner gets well soon !!!

https://www.witchhunter.com/spraypattern1.php

[Image: Flow2.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1997 Sidekick MAF and/or MAP??????? - by fixkick - 03-17-2020, 11:10 PM