Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature Sensor Issue or Throttle body ???
Recently posted about intermittent Hesitation/surge issue. I was having PO400 code after changing egr, modulator, and switch and a ton of other work like 02 sensors, new muffler, etc.  See other post Hestitaion /Surge

Took car to shop and they now claim EGR, IAT and ECT sensor codes found.  In addition they claim found a small leak at intake manifold.  Could be stopped passages in intake system.

They claim to have disassembled manifold, cleaned egr ports and replaced intake and throttle body gaskets as well as replacing the the two above mentioned temp sensors.

Car still will idle at about 800 when gets to operating temp but drops to about 500.  At one point today it dropped to about 300, jumped to 100 then dropped back to 500.  You can feel and see engine shuddering.  Hasn't died on me at any time.

I drove and drove it.  Appears to me that onece been at operating temp for for 3-5 miles, if you dont maintain a constant pressure (as if speeding up) on pedal there will be a "hesitation". Then press accelerator and goes.  After driving for several more miles, problem seems to stop.  Only persistent issue once at operting temp for numerous miles (10 or 15 ???) is low idle and engine shuddering.

They had cleared code and I drove 4 times today after picking it up.  Code popped again when I started on 4th trip.

I am at a loss. $1025 and still same issue.

Messages In This Thread
Temperature Sensor Issue or Throttle body ??? - by 3Waggintails - 03-03-2020, 01:44 PM