Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent
one simple way to prove the EGR Main is not the problem , really super simple.
pull the vacuum like the EGR MAIN , it's on the rear #4 intake tunnel,  
put a golf Tee in the hose you removed, at end.
then flex the EGR test ring in Valve feel it open and close, and NOT STICK, it goes thunk sound as it closes. if sticks, end story.(solved)
if not sticking (hey some only stick hot,don't burn fingers)

drive, if car does not go low RPM crazy now, BINGO,  a super simple and easy test.. no OBD2 scan too needed..

see my photo here on EGR gen 3 page  The bark tube is the exhaust pulse output the the modulator, I am not talking this hose, large but the tiny vacuum hose not seen below.
see this ring, (can only be felt or seen with a mirror on G16B 16valve engine, as he has. flex that ring, say 5 times,  for sure learned on new valve the feel of it.

[Image: egr-main2.jpg]

[Image: egr-side1.jpg]

my uSA only Gen 3 EGR page is here, covers the whole mess, (a vacuum Rube Goldberg mess) 1996 is Gen 3 USA EGR level III (EPA madness)

[Image: Rube_Goldberg%27s_%22Self-Operating_Napk...ped%29.gif]

here is my Thermostat going nuts on 1996 (its takes 10 times the distance to hit 180F.. the President of the STANT company shows a great video of why thermostat only last 7 years.

the Thermostat  can be stuck open or closed dead.
or does this nasty trick , seen here 1996 my tracker.  The SLUG-O-STAT slow as slug. then when hot, it was too LOW 160F and is FAIL #2 ! so this stat is DOUBLE BAD.. slow and wrong..
that wax pellet inside does not last forever, not one does. note the working MAF !

and you will never resolve (human eyes ) dash gauge a loss of 20F temp, there are no temp number son the gauge, its just COLD >>>>>>>HOT, and that is it, so using scan tool WINS.
[Image: TP-MAF-VSS-ECT-FUEL.JPG]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent - by sina27 - 01-10-2020, 05:31 AM
RE: Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent - by fixkick - 01-16-2020, 10:01 PM