Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix one thing , break another - P1875
Taking care of sick family members in and out of the hospital as well as sick pets I haven't had much time to look into this in greater detail.

I took the speedo cable reduction box off and have been driving the vehicle for a while with NO P1875 error codes being generated so it can be said to be confirmed that the reduction box, while correcting the speedo is in conflict with the VSS(2) on the Transmission.  The speedo reduction box is about 12% different to compensate for the tires, which is greater than the 10% difference the manual says the gauge cluster VSS and the transmission VSS can differ.

I wonder if I could count the pulses from the reed switch at the speedo and reduce them by 13% with a micro controller such as an arduino to again 'match up' the VSS1 and VSS2 sensors. 

Is it just one wire for the reed switch to the PCM ??  Trying to find this out (and color) in my FSM wiring diagram.

There are many examples of reading and generating pulses on the arduino but more research is in order. 

https://www.fixkick.com/sensors/tests/vss-testing.html  #6 tells me.

As you spin that port, the VSS opens and closes many times,  0ohms, infinity, zero ohms, infinity , over and over.  that is a good switch if in beep mode it beeps over and over.

If I could put an Arduino or other controller inline between the speedo and the PCM and count the pulses from the reed switch and generate the same amount minus 13% and send it back into the PCM I think it might work.  

Where am I going wrong?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fix one thing , break another - P1875 - by thebanjoman - 02-02-2020, 09:26 AM