Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 vitara front wheel noise if turned + 4wl
Photo 
Ok, as mentioned in the object today I am investigating on this problem. If I insert the four wheel drive in low speed and I make a turn left or right of the wheel during small motor torque there is a strong CLANG coming from the front left wheel.
Possible cause is the missmatching of the manual lock of the wheel , the ball joint on the transmission or the differential . I made a test whith the front wheels in free position and the 4wL and no noise was produced. Than passing the wheel one by one in lock position and no noise produced, than insering all wheels in lock position and stright drive and still no noise was produced. I dismounted with some efforth the left hub to verify tooth on shaft and movement and everithing was perfect apart the allen key bolt completely rounded that I had to make a new cut to be able to unscrew with a normal screwdriver. Some cone washer are missing too in two position of the 6 of the hub. From this investigation I could exclude the differential as the noise cames out duringĀ  turning only and the KLANGS are usually 5-6 times each wheel turn. Tomorrow I'll dismount the shaft and will investigate more precisely the ball joint. Here is my basement workspace with the rare 89 vitara.. HAVE FUN
[Image: IMG-20191113-WA0001.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
1989 vitara front wheel noise if turned + 4wl - by HAPPYNEWVITARA - 11-15-2019, 07:41 AM