Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Usual Post About Running Issues
Hello Fixkick,

Great site you have here. I'll be around a lot more as I just traded my Samurai for a Sidekick. Mechanically savvy, but new to vehicle electronics.

I've been driving this 95 Sidekick JX 4 door 1.6 16 valve California Emissions for 2 weeks without a problem. Drives like a dream. Previous owner (reputable member of the Suzuki community) also had no issues with it.

First day I had it it threw an EGR code for and hour and then went away so I didn't worry about it.

The issue now is this: Took it to exhaust shop to get new exhaust. It's been welded and re welded 50 times over. It's been running without a catalytic converter for I don't know how long, so I was going to get one installed.

The mechanic started the car the next day and got the engine warm to melt snow off the vehicle. When he came back outside the snow was melted but the vehicle was off. Now it wont start back up. It cranks and fires but there isn't even enough to to give it the gas pedal to see if it will stay running before it dies.

I personally think the EGR valve is clogged based on what I have read here and the fact it has been without a converter for so long. I may have wrote off the EGR code earlier, but maybe there actually was an issue?

Let me know what you think. A bit upset as I just wanted the exhaust to be done today, but now I gotta go and diagnose this thing in this guys lot after work instead.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
The Usual Post About Running Issues - by theunnamed1 - 12-15-2016, 04:58 AM