Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transfer case needle output needle bearing removal
I know a lot but I am always learning, often the hard way.

i have a good friend at ex suzuki dealership that still deals with zuki parts. So $29 bearing is closer to $20. One of the front u-joints is slightly stiff and, while i doubt it is causing the noise, I have one on order. Yes, the U-joint is on national back order and it will have to come from Japan. I fear this is a sign of things to come for factory parts. Looks like only throttle cables available for 97 tracker are OEM Suzuki. Speaking of U-joints, the factory Suzuki parts are better than any of the aftermarket parts. I have some friends who are extreme at offroading zuki vehicles and they will harvest a used factory joint before using an after market part.

I will try and attach a couple of images. One of them shows, if you look hard, the shoulder with the slots in it and the other shows the quicky puller I slapped together using threaded rod. It worked fine removing the old outer race, which was easily reinstalled with a seal driver, and left very little scarring in the slots which can be easily cleaned up with a couple of small files.

Scott

Messages In This Thread
RE: transfer case needle output needle bearing removal - by smorneau - 01-09-2017, 08:14 AM