Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car chockes and Loose power on uphill
Strange issue with my car and I don't know where to look...

Well , the first symptom was that I needed to crank the car a few seconds more. (usually it was start in a second).

After that I made some project of corrosion cleaning under the battery - so the car was without a battery for about 12 hours. Also at those 12 hours I changed a gear oil and when I filled the gear oil it spilled on the spark distributor and all whats under it. (I telling this because maybe one of this parts of the story can help to identify the problem).

Also after I finished to work on my car I still needed to move the car but the paint under the battery place still needed to dry - so I started the engine by connecting the battery ( + ) and ( - ) via cables to the ( + ) and ( - ) of the car. And after I started the car I removed the cables - and drove the car few minutes without the battery...

After short time of driving my car started to choke... And the engine stalled as I arrived to the parking...
The next day I connected the battery and the engine started after a bit of cranking. But when I started to drive the car , it started to bounce (choke) again only at the accelerating point from zero speed.

I own that car less than a year and it always had a white smoke comes out of tail pipe as I start the engine after (at least) few hours. Also that smoke have burned plastic smell.

I changed the spark plugs (although sparks was pretty new) and it fixed the bouncing (choking) issue at the start of the drive (and accelerating from zero).
BUT...
1. The car STILL needs a longer cranking even if the engine is still hot
2. When I drive uphill the car may suddenly loose power "drastically" and when I press the gas pedal it makes the car drive even slower.

(I recently cleaned the EGR, changed spark plugs, changed air filter and tried a new spark cables - nothing helps (..car shows code 12))

can it be the alternator / spark distributor / or some sensor ... ???

Please help to find the problem.

Thanks ahead.
Made in Japan Suzuki Vitara 1997, 4x4, 16 valves, MPI EFI, 4 speed, Automatic, 1.6L, 5 door, from Israel, VIN: JSAETD01VV1200XXX, market: E54

Messages In This Thread
Car chockes and Loose power on uphill - by SrgBog - 10-12-2016, 05:34 AM