Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker 1.6 16v Stalling when Warm
Thank you for the prompt reply!

you have a real scanner? that can see all PID's (like ECT, closed loopstatus, IAT, LTFT, TPS angle, etc?) not just a code reader?
Yes, I purchased a full scanner.

EGR is missing and has metal plate in place of EGR main?
or the ring plate (steel)inside the frame skeleton, is stuck , if yes this is a stuck closed EGR. (bad)

I don't really understand, but there's a metal plate that doesn't move between the back of the EGR and the rubber gasket. Is it supposed to move?

yes, the cars ECU must have the timing freeze jumper inserted, to set timing (spark)
the jumper is called DLC connector next to right front head light.
that jumping is normal, that is how (just 1) the ECU , makes idle run so good. (perfect mixtures)

Got it, timed it correctly now.

so when scanning does TPS work, match foot actions. (right foot throttle)
Yes, it does.

does ECT attain 180F hot and hold there.
It really depends, sometimes it's 165 or so, and others its 185.

MAF reading at idle, ? and what can you get gunning the throttle?
MAF at idle is 1.8 G/s and at 3000RPM it is 7.5 G/s

Do you get closed loop status, at idle, (i bet not)
Oddly enough, I do, until I hit the throttle, then sometimes it goes back to open loop, and other times it just stalls.

what is LTFT at idle hot (long term fuel trim) -5% (or -8) but not + 40% (its polar readings,)
I'm not really sure why, but it only showed fuel trim when it was cold, once it was warm it showed 0% fuel trim.

300RPM is bad. maybe the EGR is leaking (main valve,) it can be hard to remove, those 2 ,6mm screws. (if off, get the valve to open by hand and snap shut)
I will pull it off and check it out.

the 96 has rubber main intake pipes behind MAF to engine, are they cracked? and boots.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean the entire plastic shroud going from air intake to throttle body?

If so, it does not have any cracks.

Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Geo Tracker 1.6 16v Stalling when Warm - by Garemie - 03-04-2015, 04:36 AM